Wednesday 4 December 2013

My recent E.L.F haul



Recently, E.L.F had a 40% off offer, and as I needed to repurchase some bits & bobs, I decided to take advantage of the great offer by throwing in a few more things into my basket.

Eye Primer & Liner Sealer - £3.75




I thought this looked like a pretty good 2-in-1 product - one side is an eyelid primer to use before eyeshadow which comes in a thick stick form; the other side is a clear liquid liner that can transform powder eyeshadows in a waterproof eyeliner. I'm yet to try this side but if the staying power is decent then I can see this being a great product. The primer definitely made my shadow more vibrant & stayed on longer.


Single Eyeshadows in Saddle, Wild Wheat & Raspberry Truffle - £3.75 each


Left to right - Saddle, Raspberry Truffle & Wild Wheat

I don't have much in the way of eyeshadows other than in palettes so I got three as there was a 3 for 2 offer.

Saddle is a lovely bronze shade which was the one that enticed me to buy these shadows.
- Raspberry Truffle is much darker & more pigmented than Saddle, & the shimmer is more noticeable. It's a berry-toned bronze and I haven't come across a similar shadow before.
Wild Wheat is a yellow-toned beige with a shimmer. I can see this being a good base colour.

Essential Lipstick in Seductive & Flirtatious - £1.50 each


 Left to right - Flirtatious & Seductive
Top - Seductive, Bottom - Flirtatious

I already have two of these lipsticks in Captivating & Seductive - I loved Seductive so much but it arrived broken & all smooshed inside before I even opened the outer packaging. I did get my money back but really I just wanted a new one as it's my most used lip product but looked extremely messy. Luckily these ones arrived safely and although the casing has many cons, the lipsticks themselves are actually reasonable quality for just £1.50.

- Seductive is a deeper shade of pink which a great every day product. I also have the perfect matching lip liner to use with it. It has an almost 'matte-esque' texture about it.
- Flirtatious is a brighter pink & the formula for this one is much smoother but the colour pay off is sheerer than Seductive.


Studio Makeup Lock & Seal - £3.75




This is supposed to increase the intensity of colours & lock it on instantly. Ideal for eyeliner, shadow, lipsticks, blush & brow colour plus sealing in concealer for smudge proof wear. This partnered with a primer should have any gal sorted for the whole night.

It comes with a diddy pot to pour in the liquid & a small brush to apply. It does hold the same essential ingredients as E.L.F's Mist & Set which I use regularly, but the latter has kinder ingredients & no alcohol.


Eyebrow Treat & Tame in Medium - £3.75




I'd run out of the clear mascara from E.L.F which I was using to set my brows, so I got this as it has a brow growth treatment too. So far, on the 'Tame' end, I've found the brush to be very hard and bristly - not the best feeling combing this through your eyebrows. The brush also doesn't hold that much product meaning I have to pump it a few times to actually get any out. The shade 'Medium' is lighter than I like mine to be, but as I use other brow products as well this is not a big deal.

I did try it on it's own, & if you apply it a few times the colour appears very natural looking - great for hardly there make up days. The product doesn't appear to rub off on my fingers either.

The 'Treat' end is a smooth soft brush and it's easy to apply. Not much to say about this yet - I haven't noticed any growth improvement but I haven't been using it that much.

Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara - £1.50



When I previously bought this, it was just a regular clear mascara but it seems they've improved it a little by making it dual ended - one side being the mascara & the other for setting brows. This will be handy as the brow side tends to go quite murky brown coloured from excess brow product going back inside. This will keep the mascara side clean and clear for when I want it on my bottom lashes. The brushes slightly differ in size but I think the ingredients are the same.


High Definition Powder in Translucent - £6.00





Having almost run out of this powder I had to repurchase as it lasted me a really long time & it's great for setting foundation. When I use a coloured powder I struggle to find a shade pale enough, therefore ruining all the hard work I've done to get my foundation a perfect match to my skin. This goes on clear although white powder is noticeable until it's buffed off. Some of the particles are larger which can be annoying & I've also noticed it accentuates fine hair on the face, so you have to be carfeul to not apply too much.

Even so, I really like this powder - it makes your face so smooth and velvety soft. I feel like my foundation won't slide and it doesn't for a good few hours. The priciest product of my haul - but you get a lot of product and like I said it lasts for ages. The packaging is way too bulky for my liking but it can easily be popped in a more suitable container.


That's it for my E.L.F haul - £33.00 worth of products for £20.50 - not bad! Do you own of any of these products? Some E.L.F products can be hit or miss but I think I'm happy with all of my items this time. It's definitely the dominating brand in my make up stash!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment