Tuesday 26 November 2013

Love Me Beauty November Edition 3




Every box I receive from Love Me Beauty is always a pleasure - the surprise element is taken away as you choose between three boxes which slightly differ to each other, therefore getting what you want. This month I chose Edition 3; the products were all the same but two were in different shades. Here's what I got.

Absolution - Le Soin Purifiant


This mask is creamy and smells quite botanical. It contains Birch Sap to purify & soothe skin irritations; Green Maté with Chlorophyll, Vitamins A, C, B1, B2, & K, plus minerals to revitalise the skin & awaken the radiance of the complexion. It dries clear, does not feel drying, my skin felt very soft & my pores looked less noticeable.

I received a very generous 40ml sample, it is £24.00 / 50ml.


Jelly Pong Pong - 2in1 Bronze Shadow / Liner




I already have this in black (from Glossybox) but I don't use it precisely because of the harsh shade but to have it in this lovely bronze shade is nice as I can see myself wearing this colour much more than black. It's quite creamy and applies fairly well. As a thick eyeliner it tends to imprint itself onto the upper eyelid very quickly so I won't be using it for this. As an eyeshadow, however, the colour is perfect & it can actually be blended quite well but it does take a bit of work. Not sure about the staying power, it seems to transfer onto my hand if touched.

Jelly Pong Pong have been featured in Glossybox many a times, with only one of their products I actually use (lip stain/balm). I hope Love Me Beauty don't continue featuring their products as I'm not the biggest fan.

This was a full size pencil that is £10.50 / 2.8g.


Mitchell & Peach - Shower Wash


I haven't tried this out yet as I'll save it for travelling but it does smell quite pleasant. It contains Vitamin E, Wheat Proteins & Natural English Honey. The scent is a 'classic English countryside inspired' aroma which I can agree with. It does look like something you'd find in a hotel bathroom but the simple design is alright.

I received a 50ml sample size - full size is £20.00 / 250ml.


Models Own Nail Polish in 'Red Alert'


This is a nice basic red that I don't have much to say about but I do like Models Own's glitter polishes so I'm sure this is great. As I have so many reds I won't be using this & passing it on but another great full sized product. There was a choice between blue, pink or red & I only chose this option as I wanted the pale pink lipgloss.

Full size - £5.00 / 14ml.


Art Deco Hydra Lip Booster in Translucent Rose 38



This lipgloss has a slight hint of colour & adds a good shine to the lips. Now I'm more of a matte / lipstick wearer but was excited about this as it looked so great. It doesn't feel overly sticky & feel smooth. I would use this over a lipstick for a shiner lip. Art Deco is a great brand that have been featured in LMB before. The packaging should also get a mention - so sleek!

I got full size - £11.50 / 6ml.


Lord & Berry Intensity Satin Lipstick in Brick




As we all had a bit of a disappointment with the Lord & Berry products last month (dried up, useless mascara & a not-so-great eyeliner), they kindly offered everyone a full sized lipstick in this months box which is an interesting colour & not one I would pick out myself. However, the formula is great and if this suited me I would love it. This may also be passed onto another - if anyone likes the shade! I should point out that the middle picture is not colour accurate, it looks quite orange there but its a deep brick-coloured red like the swatch above.

Overall, the products were really nice although not my favourite box like others have mentioned. The extra lipstick I'm thankful for and Lord & Berry did a good deed by giving these out as an apology. My favourite item was probably the mask - such a good sized sample!

What do you think of my box?
  Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment