Wednesday 14 August 2013

Born Pretty Store Haul




Born Pretty is an online store of magical things that entices you to spend your money on it all! They have an amazing nail art selection and everything they sell is so cute / pretty / handy. Here's what I bought:


Born Pretty Holo Polish x 3
6ml
#12, #11 & #9
Price - $5.59 each

These are three beautiful holos that I've been eyeing up for a while and a big reason why I decided to make a purchase with Born Pretty. From left to right - #12 is a gorgeous dark green holo which is probably one of my favourite combinations in the polish world. #11 I thought was going to be a dark blue with hints of purple but I would say it's the other way round. #9 is a lighter, prettier lavender / purple which is very elegant. It has the least holo effect of the three. All three have a lovely formula and apply well but the only con is the bottles are too small - at 6ml each it's almost half some of my other polishes, and I would actually call these minis. Being mini they only hold a small brush making the application a little more difficult than a longer brush. However, that being said, I hardly ever go through a whole bottle as I like to vary each time, but these holos are so gorgeous how could I not resist wearing them all the time?!

I will be swatching these on my nail blog and hopefully I will be able to catch the full holographic effect on my camera. The swatches below are taken outside but not in direct sunlight.




BK Matte Nail Polish
25 - Purpley / Pink / Lilac
15ml
Price - $4.36

I have always wanted a matte polish but as I have essie's Matte About You, I can make any polish matte... but this intrigued me and as it was so cheap I thought why not. The formula is a little on the thick side and does apply a bit streaky but it dries matte like it says and I like the effect it leaves. The shade is a bit of an odd one, I can't quite make out if it's purple or pink or what but it certainly boggles your mind. It's not a shade I would say works well with my skin tone but it will get used and maybe I'll use it for nail art etc. The main problem I had with this polish was it was all crusted up on the neck of the bottle, making it hard to open. The shade is '25' I think, as it was all in Japanese I couldn't really make it out.

This polish is the lilac / pink / purple shade in between the pink and burgundy shades below.



Black & White Stamping Polish
Price - $3.41 for both

A while ago I bombarded the lovely Katy from kittyklawzpolish.blogspot.co.uk with questions about stamping and she suggested buying stamping polish along with more plates. I saw these for real cheap and black and white are versatile colours so I nabbed them up straight away. Stamping polishes are thicker than normal and don't dry as fast. These ones are quite small but you do scrape away most of it anyway! Thanks for the suggestion Katy! 


Candy Color Anti-Skid Mats / Coasters
Price - $2.65 x 2

Stepping away from the nail & beauty products for a moment - these rubber coasters are the cutest I've seen - how could I not buy them?! They are doily-style coasters that grip to the table and although I didn't need these they do look great on my coffee table.  

5 x 2way Pink Dotting Tools
Price - $4.74

I did need some new dotting tools and now I'll never need more. These are very pretty and have a marbleised pattern entwined inside (how they do that I'll never know). They have one thick end and one thinner end and there are some duplicates in there which will be good as spares. They make perfect dots of all sizes and I don't think I'll be running out anytime soon.


White Nail Display Wheel
Price - $0.99

This nice little nail wheel was so cheap and looks so pretty once you've painted them all. Great for swatching and / or practising nail art. For $0.99 you can't go wrong! I have painted all my recent polish buys on them - see photo below.

Hair Brush Cleaner
Price -  $0.99

I thought this looked interesting as I'm always trying to scrape out hair from my brushes with random pointy things - now I have an actual tool for the job! It's basically just a bunch of short wires with angled ends placed inside a pink handle. It removes the hair easily and catches all the strays that I can never seem to get out with other tools. Handy & cheap!



Water Decals Stickers
Price - $0.99

I haven't tried water decals before but I've seen it done & it did look very easy and left a lovely flawless finish so I thought I'd give these a go. Will be reviewing on my nail blog.


Nail Display Tips x40
Price - $7.82

I've been having so much fun with these swatching all my polish - I've found some ones I've neglected & loving them again. They are great to place over your nail to see what shade to choose / if it goes with your skin tone / practising nail art. They come with a bolt so you can fan them all out so it's great to keep them all in one place. I won't be able to paint my whole collection on them so I think I'll be buying more. Also you can write the polish brand / shade on them so you can be completely organised!


Stamping Plates
M64 & M60
Price - $1.99 each

I needed more of these as I have a poor selection and want to get into stamping a bit more. I bought two but they gave me a free Christmas plate which is nice of them - not sure if it was an accident but thank you anyway! The one on the left has beautiful designs but the other ones are just way too small for my long nails. Disappointment! However the free one made up for this...slightly. Even though it not's the season :) The one on the right did get a little damaged in transit - I don't think it scratched the plate though. I can't wait to try these out!

I used a 10% discount code which gave me $2.56 off so altogether this bunch cost me $45.79 which converted to GBP is £29.48 - 30 quid for this lot was pretty impressive! I paid $3.00 shipping as it comes from Hong Kong although this isn't necessary but I bought quite a lot so I thought I'd better be safe than sorry. It took about 2 weeks to arrive and it was all safely packaged up and nothing broken except slight damage to one stamping plate. 

I love Born Pretty and will be returning to purchase more I'm sure. My favourite items were the holo polish and the Nail Display Tips. Do you think I got a good deal? 

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Those born pretty minis are just gorgeous colours

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the excellent shopping, very interesting to consider, all very beautiful!
    Come visit http://lakoman.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your very welcome sweetheart! I hope you have fun creating designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    You are a Great while writing in the blogs it is awesome I liked.It is a type of artwork that can be done on fingernails and toenails,
    Buy Etinax online

    ReplyDelete