Monday 22 July 2013

Talika - Eyebrow Lipocils Review


For me, eyebrows are a big part of my make up routine. Since I over plucked the poor things when I was in my teens, they have been painfully sparse and patchy. Having a long scar across one of them does not help the issue either. One day I started listening to my mother about tweezing them too much, and eventually desired beautifully thick, luscious brows. I banned myself from using my tweezers, and waited for them to grow back. And waited, and waited. Unfortunately, if you have over-tweezed, quite often the hair can be stubborn and not grow back. Therefore, I moved onto using make up products such as brow pencils, waxes, powders, brow gels, and so on. It took me a lot of time to create eyebrows that suited me, and that weren't too dark or fake looking. Although using make up does help temporarily, it is still so frustrating to have to go through this process everyday - I couldn't go out without doing them. So I started looking into eyebrow growth treatments, and I found Talika's Eyebrow Lipocils.

Eyebrow Lipocils is a plant extract based gel naturally stimulates eyebrow growth, making them thicker, glossier and healthier. It contains Nettle Extract to stimulate growth, Horse Chestnut to strengthenthe brows and stimulate blood circulation.  Eyebrow Lipocils is also enriched with Allantoin, Soy Lecithin and Witch Hazel and offers hydration and anti-inflammatory properties.You are to use it twice a day (morning & evening), under make up, for 28 days. After that, you only need to apply once a day. Application is simple - swipe across the natural shape of your brow, allowing the skin under the hairs to get wet. It doesn't take long to dry, and I found it didn't effect my brow make up either. 


It comes packaged in a white and silver rectangular tube, make out of hard plastic. It also features a handy mirror on the back, which is the perfect size for viewing eyebrows with.


It is very easy to apply with the doe foot applicator, it is not too thick and it picks up the right amount of product. Although it comes out clear, there is a slightly brown residue starting to collect around the neck. 



Now that I have pretty much finished the product, I thought it was time to share my thoughts about it. I applied it every morning and night for over a month. Then when the gel started running out, I used it once daily, usually at night. I also used this on my eyelashes, as I heard the contents were very similar to the Eyelash Lipocils. They did become a little thicker and ever so slightly longer, but I did not notice a great effect. As I didn't want to waste it, I just used it on my brows after that. 

The important question is: did this product work?
My answer is a definite yes; my eyebrows eventually started growing more hair in the patchy parts; they became thicker and glossier; also the hairs I already had became considerably longer. I would recommend this to anyone - I've read some reviews by people who had gone through chemotherapy, and came out of it with they're eyebrows still intact. I think that is truly amazing! I must point out that once I'd been using it for over a month, the effects were less visible and all it seemed to do was maintain the thickness. 

Although the product is quite pricey, I would say it is worth it. 

The RRP is £26.00, and you can buy it from Talika's website here for £23.00, or on Beauty Bay, where I bought it from, for £22.36.

I've also seen it in a Space.NK store, where they sell it for the RRP, here.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, yes I'm following you on GFC too.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete