Thursday 18 July 2013

Poundland Purchases


I don't know about you but I love to have a rummage in the pound shop every so often because occasionally you can find some great beauty products. The hair, make up and nails section seems to be expanding more each time I pop in and I usually end up buying something - even if it doesn't look that promising, I like to give it a go. For £1 you can't go that wrong. So here's what I bought.

Nail Stamping Kit

I have been contemplating purchasing one of these from the bornprettystore.com, along with an array of stamping plates. After coming across this in the pound shop, I just had to buy it and give it a go. I didn't buy this for the plate, as I didn't like any of the designs.

This kit comes with a stamper, a scraper and a stamping plate which holds various designs. Basically you paint polish onto the design of your choice, scrape off the excess polish with the scraper, immediately place the stamper onto the design and then place the print onto the nail. After doing this, you should have the perfect nail art onto your nail, easily and quickly. 

However, this stamping plate is pretty poor. I think it's the plate that's rubbish, because the stamper can't pick up any polish from it. I would imagine it is because the engravings aren't deep enough - I am not sure. Possibly the nail polish I've been using dries too quickly. Either way, this did not work, but hey-ho it was a pound. If the plate is useless, I've still got the stamper & scraper. I will be buying more plates and see how they work. 



Nail Art Charms

Keeping with the nail art theme, I also bought these sweet little flower gems. I probably won't be using these for my nails, as they are rather large and too 3D for my liking. However, they were beckoning me to buy them as they are very pretty, with little diamantes in the middle, and they could be used for decorating anywhere (phone, notebooks etc). In this pack I recieved 12, all pretty pastel shades & some black.


Derma V10 Rescue Oil

I was drawn to this as the packaging looked remarkably like the famous Bio-Oil, which I have bought a few times. It claims to do pretty much the same thing as Bio-Oil - to help with scar tissue, stretch marks, ageing & blemished skin. I immediately bought it, hoping it would have the same benefits as Bio-Oil, but for a fraction of the price. I will definitely be doing a detailed review on both of them once I've tried it out & will give you the link here. After a quick comparison of both product's ingredients, I've noticed Bio-Oil having a huge list of complicated words that I don't know the meaning of. Rescue Oil, however, only has a few ingredients such as Sweet Almond Oil, Evening Primrose Oil & Peach Kernel Oil being the main ingredient. Moving on to Bio-Oil, the main ingredient is Paraffinum Liquidum, which is Mineral Oil. I haven't made up my mind about the pros & cons of Mineral Oil just yet; a lot of people claim it is not good for the skin, different people claim otherwise.



Schwarzkopf GLISS Liquid Silk Shampoo

I've used this shampoo before and I did quite like it. I'm always using up gallons of shampoo & conditioner with my long hair so for a pound a pop you can't go wrong. I'm always surprised at the amount of good brands pound shops hold. V05 was another I saw there. Unfortunately I couldn't see any good conditioners, which is what I really need, if there was I would probably buy 5+ as I've paid more than a fiver just for one quite frequently.


Another couple of new items that will be reviewed on this blog soon - another Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat & Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Suncream SPF 30. If you've visited my nail blog, you will have heard me raving about Seche Vite. It's my number one top coat and I've never come across anything better. The suncream was half price at boots, and I've tried a sample of it before and I loved it. 


So if you ever pass by the pound shop it really is worth having a look, just ignore all the crazy people and long queues! Please let me know of your pound shop finds and whether they were worth it or not.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment