Thursday 4 July 2013

Burt's Bees Tips and Toes Kit Review


I spotted this lovely little Burt's Bees kit in Debenhams on sale for 10.39 rather than £12.99. The Burt's Bees packaging is gorgeous and I needed a new hand cream and the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream really excited me as I wanted to compare it to Lush's Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. It's a lovely selection and with a few quid off I thought it was definitely worth it. 


Thoroughly Therapeutic Honey & Grapeseed Oil Hand Cream

This 20g tube is packed full of great ingredients such as Jojoba Butter, Beeswax, Canola Oil, Honey and Rosemary Leaf Extract. The scent is extraordinary and really lingers but not in a bad way -  it smells like thick honey. It feels rather luxurious on application, although once rubbed in it does leave a film but is not unpleasant. Once completely absorbed my hands are so soft. I will use it mostly as a night hand cream as I have a different hand cream that absorbs in much faster - therefore great to use throughout the day. Plus because of the fairly small size I don't want to use it all up quickly!



Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Cream 

This really surprised me as I was expecting a thick cream (as the name suggests), however it is actually a thick yellowish gel. This isn't a foot cream to put on quickly & proceed to go out. I would say to use it at night for it to sink in properly because it does take a while and feels quite sticky. The gel smells gorgeous - coconut and peppermint. Again, lovely ingredients, to name a few - Olive Fruit Oil, Kernel Flour & Oil, Coconut Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Soybean and Canola Oil. I need to test it out properly but from what I've tried it made my feet much softer to touch. (20g)




Hand Salve

The first thing I noticed about this Hand Salve is the scent. It's extremely strong and almost clears out your sinuses. People used snuff boxes back in the day - they should have just smelt this instead. The scent is Rosemary and Lavender, and not the fake scents you get in most creams, it smells like you've just put your head in the bush. This may not be for some people, I wouldn't usually choose this but now I've got it I rather like it. It's also cooling on the skin, but the scent and the texture does linger. It takes ages to absorb so for me this will be used for dry areas only, and not the whole hands. Plus the size makes it convenient for small very dry areas. A few of the ingredients include; Sweet Almond Oil, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil & Eucalyptus Oil. (8.5g)


Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

This is the product I was most excited about as I used up Lush's Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter sample (mini review here) and I loved the lemony scent. It includes Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Peel Oil, Cocoa Seed Butter and Rosemary Leaf Extract. To use - rub a small amount onto each nail, cuticle and surrounding areas. Apparently it helps to nourish weak nails as well as softens dry cuticles. The consistency is much thicker and harder to get out than Lush's, although once on the skin it melts and is rubbed in easily. After using more I will have a better opinion on it but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a daily product for me from now on. (8.5g)



Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

Although I have probably 20+ lip balms, this one is a great addition to the collection as I don't have one like it. It includes Sunflower Seed Oil, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Castor Seed Oil, and Pomegranate Seed Oil. The colour is pinky-red and the scent (and slightly taste) is Pomegranate, which is unique and interesting. It feels really good on the lips and actually lasts quite a while too. It is perfect at keeping lips soft and it's my new go-to lip balm.



Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream

This super cute tiny pot of hand cream intrigued me especially as it has different ingredients to the others. I've only used a tad which was very rich and moisturising, but the small sample won't go too far. However it's nice to be able to try it out before buying the full size. The consistancy is really thick and the scent is simply amazing - rich almond and creamy milk. Again it's a little sticky and doesn't absorb instantly. I reckon this would be great for the cuticle area aswell, because it's so rich and I do get very dry areas around my nails. Including Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Grapefruit Seed Extract and Non-fat Dry Milk. (7g)




I'm extremely happy with my purchase and if you want a taste of Burt's Bees lovely products then this is great. Here is the link to purchase: www.burtsbees.co.uk. What do you think? Any Burt's Bees recommendations for me?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment