Saturday 27 July 2013

Beautecobox July Review


You might already know that I subscribe to Glossybox, and have been receiving them since last year. Recently the boxes haven't been impressing me as much and after discovering beautecobox I couldn't help but subscribe to these guys too. The problem I have with Glossybox is sometimes I got unwanted items that I wouldn't normally pay money for (example: my most recent GB review). Beautecobox, however, allows you to choose from a selection of three menus, so you know what you are going to be receiving. Although this does take away the element of surprise, I'd much rather pay for products I know will like or want to try out. Plus, from my menu, four out of five were full sizes!

The products don't come in a fancy box like Glossybox, but in a 100% recyclable cardboard box - much more eco-friendly than GB's outside cardboard box plus inside box. Also, all the products contain ingredients that are safely bio-degradable. Similar to GB, you pay £10.00 per month plus £2.95 p&p, and cancel anytime, or £27.00 for 3months, £49.00 for 6 months or finally a 12 month subscription will cost you £90.00.


The products are placed in a bed of shredded paper and wrapped in tissue paper. Inside I received four full sized items plus one sample size. However, I was missing my Menu Card so I didn't have a list of my items and what they do. A bit upset about that!


Menu 2: 
- Neal and Wolf Elevate Voluminising Lotion (Full size)
- Neal and Wolf Harmony Intensive Care Treatment (Full size)
- Pukka Radiance Serum (Sample)
- Art Deco Soft Kajal Liner (Full Size)
- Art Deco Shadow Base (Full Size)



Neal and Wolf Elevate Voluminising Lotion
Price - £11.95 / 200ml
Product link - www.nealandwolf.com

Claims:
- Designed to leave hair stronger, fuller & give more control
- Improves body & texture while enhancing shine & manageability 
- Reduces static & adds a glossy finish

Application: 
Apply to towel-dried hair before blow dying to achieve ultimate volume

My thoughts:
- Interesting dark purple packaging but the dispenser could be made to be a little easier to use.
- Smells absolutely gorgeous, some may think it would be for the 'more mature lady', but it really is lovely - the 'scent of luxury'.
- Holds a creme / gel-like texture
- Good amount of product
- Left my hair manageable and fuller looking but the product itself isn't overly necessary for my hair type
- It did leave a gummy residue on the dispenser from last use but not a big problem for me

Neal and Wolf Harmony Intensive Care Treatment
Price - £12.95 / 200ml
Product link - www.nealandwolf.com

Claims:
- Created to repair damaged hair, using a unique combination of intensive conditioners that deliver an instant transformation
- Leaves hair shiny, healthy & manageable

Application:
Massage through wet hair for 3-5 minutes then rinse out thoroughly

My thoughts:
- Luxourisly thick & creamy
- It left my hair feeling extremely soft & manageable whilst washing out & once dry
- My hair was in much better condition even though it is fairly damadged & dry
- Hair was less tangled / knotted
- Easy to use packaging; sleek & silver / white in colour. Easy to squeeze tube
- Good amount of product
- Doesn't need to be an everyday treatment
- Gorgeous scent

Pukka Radiance Serum 10ml
Price - £32.00 / 50ml (£24.00 at the moment)
Product link - www.pukkaherbs.com

Claims:
- A 'wonder serum' that leaves skin feel fresh & bright
- Gently fragranced with Sandalwood
- Contains Aloe Vera & Manuka Honey to soothe & refresh
- Gotu Kola & Lemon Balm tones & brightens the complexion
- Contains Revitalising Formula, a fortified signature blend of Ayurvedic herbs which helps support skin naturally

Application:
Apply a thin layer to face & neck before moisturising

My thoughts:
- Only need a very small amount each use
- Clear in colour & gel-like consistency
- Once rubbed in it absorbed extremely quickly
- Leaves no stickiness or residue at all
- The scent is very herby
- I didn't notice much brightening effect
- Cruelty free / 97.5% organic content deserves a big thumbs up



Art Deco Eyeshadow Base
Price - £8.00 / 5ml
Product link - www.beautybay.com

Claims: 
- Neutral base to ensure even distribution of eyeshadow
- Formulated with Vitamin E
- Nourishes & protects the sensitive eye skin whilst ensuring eyeshadow application is easier
- Bisabolol calms red eyes & neutralised
- Perfect for contact lens wearers - ensures shadow particles stay put & does not deposit in the crease of the eye
- Colours are distributed evenly resulting in brighter, more intense pigmentation
- Longer lasting eyeshadow
- Suitable for any eyeshadow (even cheaper brands)
- Free from animal derived ingredients

My thoughts: 
- Definitely keeps eyeshadow on for much longer
- Each shade is much more pigmented & brighter
- Stays put
- Lovely creamy, soft texture with a very slight shimmer
- Scent is very strong but quite nice. Reminds me of suncream & Spain
- Beautiful packaging - the pot is so cute!
- It will last me a very long time - hope it stays just as creamy
- Really makes a difference to the intensity of shadows
- I'm a contact lens wearer myself so I'm happy it's suited for my eyes




Swatches:
Without primer on the left, with Eyeshadow Base on the right.
You can really see a difference here; the shadow I used is very dull and subtle on bare skin. With the base the colour is much more visable and vibrant.
This is a swampy green eyeshadow by Estee Lauder.



Again, eyeshadow with no base on the left, with base on the right.
This shadow is much more pigmented on bare skin but with the base you can still really notice the difference. 
Here I used a purple-y blue eyeshadow by Dior.

Art Deco Soft Kajal Liner in black
Price - £6.75 / 1.1g
Product link - www.debenhams.com

Claims:
- Natural antioxidants
- Soft & long lasting
- Contains no preservatives or mineral oils
- Suitable for contact lens wearers
- Contains colour intensive formula
- Perfectly suited for inner lid use

My thoughts:
- Sleek packaging
- Very pigmented 
- Good for smudging into a smokey eye
- Not that long lasting - after a couple of hours I had transfer to my eyelids & under eyes
- Super soft and fairly easy to apply
- Again I'm glad it's suitable for lens wearers but I did find it moving around the eye area


Swatches:
From left to right - Applied thinly with one stroke, pressed harder and a couple of strokes & applied sideways to create a thicker, smudged effect. You can see the colour is an intense black.



I'm really impressed with my Beautecobox & now I can't wait for next months! It's nice to know you won't be disappointed by your monthly beauty box & to have the luxury of choosing products that are right for you. What do you think of my box and would you consider buying one? I'd love to know :) (Check out their page here)
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' - link & Twitter - link if you like what you see!

Thanks for reading


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great box! I like the shadow base :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is good, it makes some eyeshadows so much brighter and nicer!

      Delete
  2. After seeing this I am really considering buying one one of these boxes! Ohh and I love your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Award :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! :) This was my first box and I was suitably impressed - 4 full sizes!!x

      Delete
  3. You chose the same box as me :) The hair stuff is fantastic. Have you tried Birchbox?

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been tempted to get Birchbox for months now but I always think the samples are too small. Do you subscribe to it? I also get Glossybox but I think Beautecobox has nailed it this month! Menu 2 was the best! x

      Delete