Friday 7 June 2013

E.L.F Haul - Mineral Lipstick, Lip Exfoliator, Mineral Foundation & more!

Today I received my new E.L.F products. I only ordered them the other day and they came very promptly! I have many other E.L.F products which are in the waiting list to be reviewed, as I want to test them out fully before reviewing to give you as much honest info as I can about them! However, this is a review showing you what I've bought this time. Please don't hesitate to ask for certain reviews in the comments at the bottom as I'm always wondering what products I should review next!

Studio Stipple Brush

This finally came back in stock so I had to snap it up quickly before it went again! As you can see it is super soft and beautifully made. I have a larger one that I love from thevintagecosmeticcompany which is so lovely I decided I needed another one! I would have bought the Small Stipple Brush too but it was out of stock so quickly! It's perfect for applying liquid or mineral foundation, cream or powder blush, bronzer and setting powder. 

Product link - Studio Stipple Brush
Price - £3.75





Small Angled Brush

I bought another one of these brushes because my first one broke (the top part fell off) I glued it back on but unfortunately it came off again. I was using this to clean up around my nails after painting them and the nail polish remover did ruin this brush; the hair became distorted and I had to trim them to get it straight again. This brush is great for cream, gel or liquid eyeliner but I wouldn't recommend dipping it in acetone! It's also great for filling in eyebrows.

Product link - Small Angled Brush
Price - £3.75





Eyebrow Collection

This eyebrow collection contains a few products that help enhance and maintain your brows. I already have the Eyebrow Kit which is pretty good at filling them in. This includes a  very similar product but in cheaper packaging. I was curious about the Eyebrow Setting Mascara and the stencils that help to shape. It has sold out already!

Product link - Eyebrow Collection
Price - £6.00



Stencils - these were all a bit weird shapes for me; nothing like my actual brow shape so I haven't bothered to use any yet.



Setting Mascara - this is just clear mascara you can use on your lashes or eyebrows. It doesn't do much to the lashes but it sets my eyebrows really well.




This little brush is actually named a Concealer Brush but it is perfect for small areas such as eyebrows. Unfortunately the brush was squashed up in the plastic packaging so it came to me very bent and not flat. Very annoying but still useable!





Mini Tweezers - These tweezers are okay, nothing special. I already have the full size which are pretty much the same, they tend to break hairs rather than pull them out; which is pretty much devastating to the hair growth. They will be kept as emergency tweezers I suppose.



Eyebrow gel and powder - This is the product that is very similar if not the same to E.L.F's Eyebrow Kit which I use most days. This seems a little lighter than my kit, and great as a back up / spare. The packaging is cheap clear plastic; the Eyebrow Kit is much more sleek, black and sturdier. You use the gel with an angled brush (much like the Small Angled Brush above) to fill and keep the eyebrows in place. Then you apply the setting powder which has a much darker colour than it looks in the palette. I like the combination as the powder sticks onto the gel / wax (I'd say more of a wax) and blurs patchy parts very easily.




Mineral Foundation - Fair - I bought this because it had excellent reviews and I've never actually tried mineral foundation before. I've stuck to my liquid foundation for many years and never felt the need to change. However, somebody wrote that this is better than expensive brands such a Bare Minerals, for the measly price of a fiver, so I just had to give it a go. Also this came in a very light shade 'fair', which is apparently great for pale skin such as mine. I can never usually find a pale enough shade but here is a colour that doesn't make me long orange. I would say it gives light coverage, I've only tried it once just now so I can't comment too much but if you would like a full review please let me know in the comment section.

Product link - Mineral Foundation
Price - £5.00






Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15 - Ivory - On a whim I also purchased this tinted moisturiser. I'd read that the lightest shades were pefect for pale skin so I thought I'd try it for such a cheap price. I found it didn't provide much coverage at all really. Again I've only tried this briefly so I will have to give it another go or two before I make up my mind about it. It is very small (12g) so it won't last for long but great for handbags. The SPF is also a bonus. Oh yes and the scent... an overpowering, fake orange smell that is the same scent as E.L.Fs Cover Stick. Not great; I don't understand why it needs fragrance in the first place, it makes it seem cheap (although it is) but in a bad way.

Product link - Tinted Moisturiser
Price - £1.50








Mineral Lipstick in Nicely Nude - I'd been wanting to try out their mineral lipsticks for a while now, I have two of the Essential lipsticks which are great, but these were supposed to be even better. My shade is a safe simple pale pink. I didn't think it would have small glittery like particles and would have preferred it without. However it does look nice on my lips and it glided on very smoothly. It doesn't feel drying and has quite good staying power as well. I actually prefer my essential lipsticks, which are only £1.50, but I got this lipstick for £2.50 as it was in the sale!

Product link - Mineral Lipstick
Price - £5.00 









Lip Exfoliator - Now I really have saved the best 'till last. I have been after this lip exfoliator for months & months, it has been out of stock for that long. When I got the email notification the other telling me it was back, I immediately added two to my basket incase I couldn't get it again. Therefore making me buy all this rest of this haul! I hadn't tried this product but I'd heard it was pretty much the best exfoliator around. I bought Lush's Popcorn Scrub fairly recently and didn't get on with it that well - review post here. It is a lipstick form which makes it incredibly easy to use and does not make a mess everywhere (Lush I'm looking at you!). It has great ingredients too, the main one being sugar, and it tastes great - unlike the Lush popcorn flavour. It feels very rough which I like and it really does the job well. This is already a favourite of mine and will definitely be repurchasing over and over. It's cheaper than Lush's and does a much better job. If you are considering a lip scrub, or this one but unsure if it's really that great - I assure you it is and it's hardly ever in stock so be quick! 

Product link - Lip Exfoliator
Price - £3.75







As I said above if theres any E.L.F products you'd like to know more about or want full reviews of any of these products please do not hesitate to ask in the comment section below!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment