Monday 20 May 2013

L'Occitane 100% Shea Butter Review


Here is my little tub of L'Occitane's 100% Shea Butter which I have come to love and use daily.

What it claims - 
Shea butter hydrates and protects lips, face, cuticles and hands. This powerful moisturiser is retrieved from the fruit of African Shea trees, and celebrated world-wide for encouraging cellular renewal and repairing the hydrolipidic film, thereby softening, soothing and comforting skin. Non-irritating; suitable for men, women and children.

Price - £7.00 / 8ml - £26.00 / 150ml
Where I bought it - ASOS with 10% discount
Product link - http://uk.loccitane.com

Packaging - 
Small soft metal tin with a push on / off lid which is very satisfying to close. Sticker on front and back, dark blue and yellow, quite a french vintage look. Simple and quite eco-friendly. The pot itself is very tiny, if you think of a normal sized lip balm tub, its smaller than your average.



Application / Texture - 
Feels smooth and 'balmy' on lips. On other dry areas it is slightly tacky for a short amount of time, before soaking into the skin. A little tricky to get out the pot (especially in cold temperatures - goes a little hard) so I use my nail to scoop it out, without getting the product under my nails. Milky white in colour and it has waxy texture. No taste.


Scent - 
Obviously the only ingredient is Shea Butter - I love the smell, it's a subtle, creamy, slightly honey / almond scent, fairly sweet. It is hardly noticeable but I enjoy the slight waft I get when I open the tin.

Overall - 
Out of all the lip balms I own, this is always the first one I reach for. I mainly use it for my lips which always seem to be dry & chapped, and it is brilliant for making that cracked feeling go away. It also helps long-term, which is hard to find in other lip treatments. My lips have definitely become healthier since using everyday, so I know this stuff is worth it even though it's painfully expensive!

However, you can use it on many different areas of your body, such as your elbows, lips, cuticles, feet, nose (esp. when you have a cold) hands, and any other problem area that needs hydrating. If your hair is frizzy just rub a bit of this in your palms and smooth over your locks, and BAM the frizz has diminished. I love that this product can be used for so many different things, but this small 8ml tub won't last long if you are going to be using it for all of them. Lips, cuticles and dry patches of skin on my face / body is what I use this size for. It works brilliantly on cuticles, leaves them very soft and moisturised. I'm very tempted to get the larger size, which is much better value for money (price at top), but still expensive. If they did a medium size that would be perfect! It lasts about an hour on my lips, depending on whether I'm eating / drinking. It's a very good protectant, it doesn't 'heal' straight away but does improve the look of lips over a period of time.

ASOS do sell it so if you've got a discount code then you can get a bit of money off, which you can't from L'Occitane's store. Heres the link.

I will be sad to see it go and I will probably repurchase once I've used up all the rest of my lip balms, if I don't come across something better! Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment