Monday 22 April 2013

L'Occitane Hydration Cream

L'Occitane Creme Radieuse Hydration Cream with Organic Angelica Water and Essential Oil


This is a sample size which is 15ml and it is definitely enough test out for a while before purchasing the full size. I got mine from Latest In Beauty (where you can try free samples but pay £1.50 for p&p, and you can also buy luxury samples and beauty box collections). I think I paid bout £5 for it which isn't bad as its lasted me a good few months with regular use.

It came in a cute little box;






And the actual cream was in a green, plastic round tub with a silver plastic screw on lid. Ideal for the sample size, but a little tricky to get out, especially with long nails, and also a bit unhygienic.





The normal packaging for the full size is very similar but not plastic (below)


(image courtesy of L'Occitane's website)


I really like the face cream as it smells lovely, the cream actually gets absorbed by my skin and it is a good base for foundation.


Price - £30.00 / 50ml
Product Link - http://uk.loccitane.com
Where I bought it - www.latestinbeauty.com
Sample Size - 15ml


What it claims -
(From L'Occitane's site)

Made with organic angelica from the Drome region of France, the fresh and silky smooth Angelica Hydration Cream efficiently moisturises and revitalises the skin. 
L'OCCITANE's patented angelica complex reinforces natural skin hydration by stimulating aquaporines, improves skin elasticity and protects from free radicals. 
Skin is plumped, smoothed and more radiant. 

Ideal for dry to normal skin. 
Dermatologically tested. Non-comedogenic

Packaging - 
(Sample size) Small cardboard box, white and green. Green tub with silver lid (all plastic)

Application - 
Apply to the face and neck morning and evening after cleansing the skin.
It was smooth to apply, didn't need a huge amount, absorbed into skin fairly quickly, leaving a dewy finish but not greasy.

Scent - 
Botanical scent. Not over powering, but noticeable. 

Appearance / Texture - 
White, fairly light cream. Feels smooth on skin.

Value for money -
This little travel sized / sample pot is a good way to try out this cream, which is fairly pricey at £30, or good for travelling. The pot was around a fiver, I think, so good value.




It has been my go-to face cream for quite a while now, using mostly everyday. I've nearly used it all up. I've used / got creams that absorb instantly, (reviews soon) & are perfect for applying make up straight after. Although this product doesn't absorb super quick, it does make my skin feel very soft and feels moisturised. I wouldn't use it at night, as it has such nice effects in the day time. At night I use a richer, thicker night cream that may look greasy but I don't care too much as I'm going to bed. I probably won't be purchasing, any time soon anyway, because of the price and I have my eye on another one that I LOVE, at half the price tag.

Also the pot will be very handy. I really like L'Occitane but I haven't been able to try that many of their products as its quite expensive. Have you tried their hand creams? I just got another little sample of one - I love it so much!

Pros - 

  • Pleasant scent
  • Moisturising
  • Don't have to wait too long for it to absorb
  • A good base for make up
  • Lightweight

Cons -

  • Expensive
  • You might want one that absorbs instantly
  • L'Occitane are no longer animal friendly (To sell in China it must be tested on animals. Some companies have stood their ground and decided not to sell to China. However L'Occitane are obviously a bit too greedy, like others, and sell their products there. Not wise, not clever and they will lose a good amount of customers from losing their bunny).
There you have it!



No comments:

Post a Comment